...Artist J Quillian has lead anything but an ordinary life
- J Quillian (JQ) first reached the age of reason in the tiny West Texas town of Wink.
- JQ's first friend was famous Rock & Roll musician Roy Orbison.
- At age six, JQ flew on the infamous World War II bomber B-29, Enola Gay
- At the prompting of his father, JQ traveled to Marfa, TX where he saw James Dean urinate in front of the group in 1955
- James Dean's only living heir Marcus Winslow and JQ share Christmas cards every year.
- Booted out of the Benedictine Seminary at age 14 for bootlegging
- Ostracized by his fellow high school students after winning a national art contest.
- As his first exploit into his later undergraduate college degree's proponent, JQ was expelled from high school for publishing 1,500 copies of a protest against the school's administration.
- JQ ignored his draft notice in January 1966.
- Enlisted in the U.S. Coast Guard in February 1966.
- Honorably discharged seven months later after, sinking a truck; being arrested for drinking under age 38 times; running through a month's per diem money in the galley by having his charge catered; loosing an 82' cutter; filling the base commander's Corvette with diesel; being recommended for discharge by the Navy's psychiatrist nine minutes and getting the base commander's daughter drunk the night before his discharge.
- JQ told the physician to "take it all out" during his vasectomy at age 23.
- Married without children three times before age 30.
- Pronounced DOA on the way to Parkland Hospital in 1973 from a drowning accident.
- Narrowly missed a mass murder in Dallas, TX by 10 minutes
- J Quillian's mother, Nell Mitchell was the melody composer of "As Time Goes By"
Add a Fun Fact!
For details on these stories and more-- be sure to sign up for his quarterly newsletter!